- JIIA accepts research manuscripts and, on occasion, conceptual papers. The following are required for submission and subsequent review consideration:
- Manuscript files should be submitted electronically via JIIA ScholarOne Manuscript Central.
- Manuscripts must not be simultaneously submitted for publication and/or published elsewhere.
- Manuscripts must follow the most current APA formatting guidelines.
- Abstracts should be 150-200 words.
- Manuscripts should be submitted in Microsoft Word format (.docx), double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, and have one-inch margins (top, bottom, and sides). All identifiable information should be removed unless it is a separate title page. Identifiable information linked to documents must be removed through the “File” – “Info” – “Inspect Document” – “Remove all document properties and personal information” feature in Word.
- Manuscripts should be less than 40 total pages (inclusive of references, tables, appendices, etc.). On rare occasions, if the author has communicated with the editor(s), manuscripts beyond 40 pages could be considered.
- Manuscripts must include line numbers to assist reviewers.
- Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce copyrighted information and materials. Submitting a manuscript indicates the author(s) agree(s) to transfer of copyright to The College Sport Research Institute.
Manuscript files (Microsoft Word format only) should be submitted electronically via JIIA ScholarOne Manuscript Central. A manuscript has not been simultaneously submitted for publication and/or published elsewhere. Manuscripts must conform to the current “Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.” Manuscripts must include an abstract of approximately 150-200 words and complete references. Each manuscript must be typewritten, double-spaced throughout, use “Times New Roman” font (size 12), and utilize one inch margins on the top, bottom, and sides. Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce copyrighted information and materials. Submitting a manuscript indicates the author(s) agree(s) to transfer of copyright to The College Sport Research Institute.
Click here to download a Publication Agreement form in pdf format.
Manuscripts submitted that correctly follow the submission guidelines are initially reviewed at the editorial level. Submissions found to be outside the scope of JIIA, incomplete or incorrectly formatted per JIIA submission guidelines or APA standards, or not meeting standards of sufficient quality may be subject to desk rejection. Submissions meeting these criteria are reviewed by a minimum of two reviewers via a double-blind peer-review process. JIIA strives to return submissions to authors within 60 days of submission.